Monday, October 13, 2014

The Philosophy of Fantasy

Ever since I was a child, I was interested in the written art and media of fantasy. This led me to indulge in a lot of books and movies in that genre; I developed an intuitive understanding of Fantasy, and dreamed to write a good book in that genre.

Along with that dream, I began to develop of satisfaction, dissatisfaction, pet peeves, rants and theories on contemporary fantasy, and what I like, think and don't like about it. My attempts at a book, meanwhile, were never made for reasons that range from not knowing what I want with fantasy, confusion as to how to do it, and having an un-expressable notion of how I want fantasy to be, to having developed a notion of how I want fantasy to be written, and realizing that I want to do a lot of research before I begin writing in this genre.

Fantasy, contrary to what it may seem, is an art that requires a very interdisciplinary and eclectic knowledge of this world and universe, to create another  effective fictional one.

And that, my dear reader, would be the beginning of my series on Fantasy, since we now depart from the fringe of facts to the beginning of my opinion - what I call the Philosophy of Fantasy. Welcome.


No comments:

Post a Comment