Friday, February 7, 2014

Little Birdie, Fly Away

I have a little bird 
that stays in my chest
that I love more than life itself
But I let it fly away 
Because it belongs to someone else. 

I'm waiting for the day
it comes back to my chest 
But I guess I'll have to wait forever 
Because it wasn't mine to begin with. 

I have a little bird
that I'm waiting for 
I'll wait forevermore
For I love it more than words.

(Poet's note: Didn't come out so well. I wrote it last night before sleeping, in my head, and forgot what I wrote as I attempted to write it today. So I had to re-invent it from the logic and the feel/vibe behind the poem. I didn't like how 'bird' and 'words' don't exactly rhyme. Actually, I don't like the poem very much, but for some reason I feel it's better off being published as a bad one as compared to never seeing the light of day.

No comments:

Post a Comment